Zesty Couscous Salad
Try this healthy couscous-with-a-kick!
- 10 ounce package couscous (or quinoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pixie Chicks Bliss Mix (or more, to taste)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups corn
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (substitute mint, basil or parsley, or blend thereof if desired)
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 large minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Cook the couscous (or quinoa) per package directions.
Add the Bliss Mix, beans, veg and herbs.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
Toss lightly until well mixed.
Enjoy hot or cold.