Grilled Steak with Herb Sauce
Grill top sirloin or beef flat iron steaks (rubbed with your fave Pixie Chicks meat rub, e.g. Rib & Steak Rub, Cowboy Coffee, Jake's BBQ Secret or Bliss Mix) until medium rare or medium. Let rest for several minutes, then cut into 1/4" slices. Drizzle with the following herby sauce, and serve to hungry, appreciative friends and family!
Steak Herb Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves*
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Pulse herbs, garlic, salt & pepper in a food processor. Add liquids and pepper flakes until barely blended. Drizzle over plateful of grilled, sliced beef. Enjoy!
* PS if you're not a cilantro fan, feel free to substitute with fresh basil ;)
Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps
Here's an Asian-inspired recipe I adapted using ground beef, but you could easily substitute chicken, turkey, pork or tofu.
In 1 tsp sesame oil, brown one minced yellow onion and three cloves of garlic. Brown approx. 1.5 pounds of ground beef (or protein of choice). Add 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1.5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp honey. 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp Pixie Chicks Seafood. Simmer for 10 min. Serve in small lettuce pockets (e.g., Romaine or iceberg).
Maple Lentil Soup
Brown 1 onion & 2 carrots in olive oil
Add 1 can of lentils (or 1 cup precooked if preparing from dry)
1 liter/carton of veggie broth
2 tsp or more of Pixie Chicks Maple, to taste
Simmer and enjoy this hearty, moderately spicy soup, which is mildly reminiscent of a curry. Yum!
Cowboy Coffee Pulled Pork
Rub a 3.5 to 4 pound pork butt / shoulder roast with 2-3 tbsp Pixie Chicks Cowboy Coffee. Wrap loosely in foil, and sit the roast in a large casserole dish. Allow to sit in fridge for up to 2 hours if possible.
Preheat BBQ and turn to low heat on one side only (no flame on other side). Sit the foil covered casserole dish on the side or top rack, as far from direct heat as possible. Slow cook for approx. 8 hours, checking every couple hours and turning if necessary. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before shredding or pulling, using two forks.
Serve with Pulled Pork Sauce:
- 1 c ketchup
- 2/3 c cider vinegar
- 2/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 4 tsp mustard
- 4 tsp Pixie Chicks Cowboy Coffee
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Blend ingredients in a pan over medium low heat until sauce is well blended and slightly thickened, approx. 5 minutes. Pour over pulled pork or allow to sit in the fridge overnight! Can also serve with: rice, pasta, on fresh buns, or poutine.
Coat 10-15 chicken thighs (or 5-7 breasts) in mayonnaise, and roll in panko or regular bread crumbs seasoned with approx. 2 tbsp Pixie Chicks Maple.
Bake until done (about 1 hours at 375 for a pan full of thighs and breasts).
Serve with fresh local pasta, freshly made rolls, salad, and cheery, good friends.
A more delicious, happier dinner could not be had ;)
Chicken & Bacon Pinwheels with Tuscan Sunset
Zesty Couscous Salad
For a 10 ounce package couscous (or quinoa):
- 1/2 teaspoon Pixie Chicks Bliss Mix (or more, to taste)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups corn
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (substitute mint, basil or parsley, or blend thereof if desired)
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 large minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Cook the couscous (or quinoa) per package directions.
Add the Bliss Mix, beans, veg and herbs.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
Toss lightly until well mixed.
Enjoy hot or cold.
Cheddar Bay Biscuits with Tuscan Sunset
Jerk Pork with Blueberry Salsa
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Pixie Chicks Jamaican Jerk*
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
* amount depending on your spice preference. Note: if Jerk isn't for you, Pixie Chicks Cowboy Coffee works nicely for this recipe as well!
Preheat grill, fry pan or oven to 350° to 400°. Brush pork with olive oil, and sprinkle with Pixie Chicks Jamaican Jerk.
Grill pork, covered with grill lid or foil, 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°. Remove from grill, and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop 1 cup blueberries. Toss together whole blueberries, chopped berries, pineapple and remaining ingredients. Quickly sauté to heat the salsa mixture. Slice pork, and serve with blueberry salsa.
Light and Summery Pasta Salad with Saigon Dreams
Healthy Italian Pork Soup
Here's a quick, healthy soup, that goes something like this:
- Brown 2 lbs ground pork and several cloves of minced garlic.
- Add approx 8 cups chicken or veg stock, 1 cup chopped fresh spinach, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 1 tbsp Pixie Chicks Tuscan Sunset, and 3/4 cup gnocchi or pasta of choice.
- Simmer till pasta is cooked.
Double Trouble Spaghetti Squash
Got a spaghetti squash that needs to be cooked soon?
Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the two halves, then about 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of Pixie Chicks Spaghetti Cheater on each half. Bake at 375 for about 50 minutes or until tender. Magnifico!
Spicy Aioli with Bliss Mix
Easy Peasy Spicy Aioli
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp Pixie Chicks Bliss Mix (approximately, mix to desired spiciness)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pressed garlic clove (optional)
That's all she wrote! Delicious as a dip for your yam fries, on your burger, with your crab cakes or fried oysters, or straight off the spoon ;)
(Photo credit: yummly.com)
Tall, Dark & Handsome Cowboy BBQ Sauce
Blueberry & Dark Beer BBQ Sauce using Pixie Chicks Cowboy Coffee
- 3 pints blueberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced or sliced
- 1 habanero, halved (seed removed if milder taste desired)
- 5 or 6 tbsp Pixie Chicks Cowboy Coffee (to taste, depending on spiciness desired)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes.
Simmer for 2-3 hours. Blend or puree. Strain. Delicious, dark flavor enhances steaks, ribs, burgers... even meatloaf tastes good!
Jamaican Jerk Roasted Corn
Here's a great recipe a customer shared with me this weekend using Pixie Chicks Jamaican Jerk
- Boil or grill your corn on the BBQ (husk on, pre-soaked for half an hour)
- Mix about 1 tsp Pixie Chicks Jamaican Jerk with 1/2 cup mayo
- Remove husks from corn, brush with jerk-mayo mix, and roll in freshly toasted sweetened coconut (optional)
- Crank up the reggae, close your eyes and enjoy the sounds and taste of Jamaica!
(Photo credit: divaeatsworld.com)
Burgundy Wine Steak Butter
Rub your steak with your favorite Pixie Chicks blend then try this topper!
- Cream 1/2 c butter and 1 tsp burgundy wine with a hand mixer
- Stir in 1 tbsp shallots, 1 tbsp green onion and 1 tsp white pepper
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
(Photo credit: allrecipes.com)
Maple Balsamic Glaze
Drizzle over bacon during the last few minutes of cooking, or try it on ham, roasted veggies, salmon, scallops, or prawns. If you're making a Caesar as pictured, don't forget to use some Pixie Chicks Bliss Mix as a drink rim spice!
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice or orange juice
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (approx) Pixie Chicks Maple
Cook over medium/low heat until liquid is reduced by half, or until it reaches desired consistency.
(Caesar photo credit: ediblecanada.com)